3 Day Crossroads training at ABODE.
January to June my colleagues at ABODE and I will offer Crossroads Training to five cohorts, five participants in each cohort. Each cohort will have one 75 minute call with me before we meet together, one 75 minute group call after, and one 30 minute individual call to complete our work together.
You will learn about: contemplative practices, presence, the trajectory of dying, rituals, body care, grief and loss, language of dying, self care, energy management, perspectives on dying from people at end-of-life, their families, caregivers, volunteers, and hospice professionals.
Your Why: Perhaps you want to learn so you can help others die well. You want to deepen your knowledge and skills. You want practical experience. What is your why?
- You have an undeniable pull to learn more about end-of-life + dying.
- You are open to learning about contemplative practices.
- You are open to learning about dying in a spiritual context vs. a religious one.
- You are not actively grieving the death of someone you love.
- You recognize the opportunity for your own growth related to endings and beginnings.
- You will respect the confidentiality of our Guest and families (confidentiality agreement req'd before onsite participation).
- You are willing to participate actively and respectfully in group experiences.
- You will read/watch/listen to materials provided before participating in your experience at ABODE.
***You will spend 15 minutes on the phone with Martha Jo after you register. If for some reason this is not the right time for training, you'll receive a full and prompt refund.
When: Dates for each training are below. Each Friday we will begin at 9am and end at 5pm on Sunday. This is not necessarily a 9-5 experience. We will instead work with the rhythms of ABODE and opportunities for service that arise.
Where: The training is held at ABODE Contemplative Care for the Dying in San Antonio, Texas. You are reponsible for travel costs to get to San Antonio and to get to/from ABODE.
A block of rooms will be held for you at a nearby hotel. You are responsible for the cost of the hotel.
Breakfast/Lunch will be provided all three days. Additional information will be provided once you register.
Cost: $1500. All monies go to ABODE Contemplative Care for the Dying.
Refunds minus $50 are permitted 30 days before training begins. No refunds offered otherwise. If you are unable to attend the cohort for which you registered, you may participate with another cohort within a year if space is available.
Cohort 1 - January 26 - 28, 2018.
Cohort 2 - February 9 - 11, 2018
Cohort 3 - March 16 - 18, 2018